Leaderboard Ad

Saturday, October 4, 2014

Gryphon Knights at PETE's BASEMENT!

Last night we were invited over to Pete's Basement to talk about a bunch of our books, and upcoming books including, the soon to be published Frankenstein Vs. Dracula: Throughout the Ages!


We also got to discuss a bunch of indie issue ones, as well as some big events like Godhead, the female Thor, and the new Captain America. While they touched on certain things like the new Cap reveal, which was amusing because (spoiler alert!) Sam Wilson, acknowledged how much that it wasn't a surprise because of all the press and media in RL that focused on the event. 

However, I want to touch on something that I felt was relevant to the discussion but wasn't as light. I have mentioned in the past that its interesting how the mantle of our patriots passes on, and how our perspective of the Gods change, but how white, wealthy, Tony Stark is still white, and wealthy and in charge. Gail Simone recently asked on twitter "what hero do you not understand the appeal of," and for me it is none other than Tony Stark.

I have a lot more feelings on this topic which I might revisit later.

In the end the only thing that hasn't changed, and I repeat it here, is that the wealthy white guy is still in charge, and I would love for Tony Stark to be removed from the Marvel chessboard permanently.


In other news we had a great meeting yesterday with George Tsouris from GIVE UP GAMES, I believe we mentioned this company a bit on the podcast but I wanted to go in depth with our discussion yesterday. We talked to them about creating a fighting game for our recent franchise Frankenstein vs. Dracula. We brought some concepts with us, and he was sincerely excited about the concept. 

If you would also like to see a game like this let us know!


No comments:

Post a Comment